Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible for consideration of this award, you must:
• Be currently involved in the life science industry, whether pursuing a career or academically, anywhere in the world
• Be self-identifying as female
When is the application deadline?
May 1, 2018 at 11:59 pm PST
When is the reference deadline?
May 3, 2018 at 11:59 pm PST
Should I submit all of my information before I request a reference?
No. You should request a reference as early as possible to ensure there is sufficient time for the reference to be submitted by the deadline.
What language(s) is acceptable for completing the application?
All parts of the application, including written and video essays must be completed in English. Submission of any piece of the application in a language other than English will render the application ineligible for consideration.
What is the Program timeline?
• Application Opens: February 15, 2018
• Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
• Reference Deadline: May 3, 2018
• Scholarship Recipients Notified: beginning of July, 2018
• Scholarship Checks Issued: by August 1, 2018
What are the selection criteria?
An independent selection committee will evaluate the applications and select the recipients considering:
• Either a written essay (max 3000 words) or a video essay (max duration 15 minutes)
• Professional Resume
• References (minimum one, no more than two, fulfilled online as part of application)
Decisions of the selection committees are final and are not subject to appeal. No application feedback will be given.
What are the details of the award?
• The scholarship is $2,500 and may include mentoring in life science, as well as networking opportunities.
• The scholarship is awarded annually and is not renewable.
Is this scholarship renewable?
No. This scholarship is not renewable; however, applicants may request additional disbursements by submitting “Optional Additional Information” on the Essay page of the application.
How will a recipient know if she will be receiving any additional disbursements of the scholarship in the future?
The recipients of this scholarship are guaranteed one monetary disbursement; however, if the applicant opts to complete the essay requesting support for additional year(s), the request will be considered with the application. Any additional disbursements will be communicated at the time of winner announcements.
For subsequent payments only, if the recipient changes or withdraws from the original course presented within the application, she will be ineligible for
additional disbursements and/or will be subject to repayment of the additional disbursements.
What are my responsibilities if I am chosen as a recipient?
Mentoring and networking introductions will require a recipient’s willingness and occasional availability to participate in possible opportunities.
To ensure complete impartiality in selection of recipients and to maintain a high level of professionalism, the program is administered by International
Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc., a firm that specializes in managing sponsored scholarship programs.
How to apply?
Create an ISTS account and input the program key CEGS into the search box to locate the Scholarship homepage. There you will be guided through the application process.